Monday, January 15, 2007

SX-70 time zero emulsion transfers

I just did this recently and it's real easy to get the hang of. I take my picture and wait around a minute or two to let it develop. Then I cut out just the picture, none of the white boarder. I then submerged it in hot water and let it sit there for 30 seconds or so then with some sorta tool (I used a long push pin don't ask me why it's all that was around) you can seperate the emulsion layer from the black backing and slowly peel it from that black backing and let it stick to the clear front peice. It takes a little practice to get use to this. Once you got it all off the black backing you can take it to whatever you wanna stick it on and lay it down onto it. I put it on some watercolor paper and that seemed to work nicely. It's gonna be wrinkly but you just have to deal with that. You can now peel off the clear plastic peice. I guess it would maybe adhere to other stuff like wood or glass I just haven't tried that. Cutting open polaroid film isn't the safest thing to do so do this at your own risk.

No comments: